Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome!

Hi!  Welcome to my blog!  After a few years of thinking about doing this, I finally was motivated by my friends at Viva Las Vegas Rubber Stamps.   I've been using their stamps for a while (I especially love their pithy, funny sayings for cards) and they are looking for 'design team' members.  What's a design team?  Well, it is a group of people who use the products from the store to create cards that are displayed in the store and on its website.  Sometimes the artwork may be used in an advertisement for the stamp company.  One thing I've learned over the years is that the more you stamp, the better you get at it, and being on a design team would keep me stamping. It's not a done deal -- I have to submit artwork, and posting things to my blog will help with the process.

I've visited their store in Las Vegas, and it is a stamper's dream.  Literally floor to ceiling rubber stamps, fairly well organized by category, with surprises around every corner.  Whenever I'm looking for a particular image, I check out their extensive on-line catalog first.  For one card, I needed a vacuum cleaner, and sure enough, Viva Las Vegas Stamps had it.   That card was eventually published in Rubber Stamp Madness Magazine. (I'll post a photo soon!) 

I don't spend all of my time stamping...a good deal of fabric occupies my studio space, as well as three drawers of beads.  So my goal for this blog is to share with you all of the fun stuff that I'm working on:  stamping, sewing, beading, crafting.  Hopefully I will inspire you to do something creative.  For those who say 'I don't have the time,' I would reply that we find the time to do the things we love.  Think back to what you loved to do when you had all the time in the world, and reclaim some 'me' time to pursue what gives you joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment