Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Nearly Time for 'Trick or Treating!'

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!  This may be in part to the fact that I have four kids, and I like to sew...we have had a ball, making costumes and decorations over the years.  I'll dig through my photos and post some soon. 

I also make Halloween cards to send to all of my friends, and especially my dad, who's birthday is October 31. 

All week, Viva Las Vegas Stamps has been having a 'blog hop,' where the design team members show off the latest Halloween stamps and what you can make with them.  Check it out here http://vivalas.blogspot.com/2012/09/all-hallows-eve-party-day-6.html

They invited viewers to post a Halloween card, and I'm always up for a challenge, so here's mine:

 
 
I used black Staz-on ink to stamp the 'monster' (I think it's Herman Munster) into ivory sculpey clay, and cut around it carefully with an exacto knife.  I baked the clay according to the manufacturers directions.  It's very tactile...you can feel the embossed image in the hardened clay.  The only caution to making a clay tile like this...you should use a thin piece of packing foam (like the stuff that comes wrapped around electronics) over the top of the card to keep it from breaking or damaging the envelope. 
 
Both stamps are from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.  I got them in a one pound grab bag about 6 years ago.
 
I have a few ideas about this year's Halloween card...check back later to see how they turn out!
 
Keep stamping!
--Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment