Friday, February 1, 2013

Shrimp for Dinner -- I love it!

I found myself in an empty house last night, and didn't want to make a huge mess in the kitchen to make dinner for just one.  What to do?  I spied a bag of E-Z Peel, raw shrimp in the freezer, and had an idea.

Usually, I grill shrimp on skewers on the outdoor grill.  Popping in and out of the house on a frigid night like we're having in Pennsylvania right now was not appealing.  So, why not use the Foreman Grill?

I cut two slices of bacon into quarters, rinsed 8 pieces of shrimp under water until I could peel the shells and tails off, then folded a piece of bacon over each shrimp and put them on the preheated Foreman Grill.



I checked them frequently and after about 5 minutes, the shrimp were pink and the bacon was crispy.  I unplugged the grill, and brushed a bit of bar-b-cue sauce on each piece.  I left the grill open and let the sauce warm for a minute or two more.  Finished!
That bacon was sizzlin'!
I added a salad with a bit of dressing, and had a complete meal.  The best part:  360 calories, 14 grams of fat (from the bacon) and 14 carbs (from the bar-b-cue sauce).  

Dinner is served!
These would be great as an appetizer, too...just add toothpicks and impress your friends!
Important tip:  use frozen, uncooked shrimp, so the bacon and the shrimp cook together.

Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment