Sunday, September 22, 2013

Time for a little "Boo!"

The weather here has turned cooler, and today is the first day of Fall.  Halloween is little more than a month away, and I found the perfect beads for a scary little project!


The Pennsylvania Quilt Festival was at the convention center in Oaks, Pa., this weekend, and in the same complex, the International Gem and Jewelry Show had set up.  Woo-hoo!  Two things I love under one roof!!

On a short run through the gem and jewelry show, I spied these cute beads.  They are made of dyed howlite.  I've seen skulls before, but not pumpkins or sliced skeleton faces.  And they were cheap!  Only $2.00 for a strand of 16 beads!  I quickly snatched a strand of each.


Turning the beads into earrings was easy.  The skeleton faces were threaded onto headpins.  I made a wire-wrapped loop at the top of each and slipped them onto french hook earring wires.  For the pumpkins, I added a small, fire-polished Czech glass bead to make a 'stem'.

Including the findings, each pair cost me under $1.50 to make!

I've already given one pair as a gift...and have a few more set aside for family and friends.  Just looking at them makes me smile.  I can't wait to wear them in October!





No comments:

Post a Comment